The issue: Most content is not dynamic content!
- 90% of the time your website generates the same data again
- Each requests results in the same database results
- 90% of the performance of your server is to perform useles work
The solution: Caching, caching, caching
- Think how often your content (or pieces of it) is regenerated
- Cache it in between!
- Think about publishing based caching
Good caching classes
- eZ Cache (http://ez.no/products/ez_components)
- Cache_Lite (http://pear.php.net/Cache_Lite