The issue: Documentation is the most boring work
- Re-read your code 6 month after you wrote it!
- Think about people who have to use your code
The solution: phpDocumentor
- Implementation of JavaDoc for PHP
- Community accepted standard
- Avaiable through PEAR
- Allows auto-generation of API docs
- Also works for tutorials
- Write docs before implementing the code!
- You will probably not do it, if you do the other way around
- Document pedantically, fixing docs later sucks!
- Get used to update the docs, as soon as you change the code